Alibaba founder Jack Ma seen again after months of ‘disappearance’
Alibaba founder, Jack Ma, appeared for the first time since the end of October in a video message distributed by Chinese state media on Wednesday.
In the video message, the 56-year-old was seen addressing 100 teachers in rural areas, according to the reports.
Mr. Ma also announced plans to engage in philanthropic endeavours, more so than he has before.
“These days, I have been learning and reflecting together with my colleagues. We are now even more determined to dedicate ourselves to education and charity,’’ Mr. Ma was quoted as saying in his address at an annual event held by his foundation.
The founder of the online giant had not made any public appearances since the end of October, after he sharply criticised Chinese regulators in a speech.
There was speculation about his disappearance afterwards.
At the beginning of November, Chinese authorities halted a planned initial public offering (IPO) of Alibaba’s financial subsidiary Ant Group, citing legal changes.
It had been billed as the biggest IPO of all time.
In December, Chinese regulators launched an antitrust probe into Alibaba Group, citing alleged monopolistic behaviour.
More from Peoples Gazette
Mr Wike wondered why the Buhari-led administration would continue to allow Mr Pantami to remain in office.
FIFA President Gianni Infantino on Monday, however, said the breakaway clubs would have to face consequences of their action.
”We hope to train 75, 000 extension workers over a period of three years,” the minister said.
Mr Shehu said there was no need for a National Conference as it would not do more than a parliament.
“If some elect to go their own way, then they must live with the consequences of their choice,” Gianni Infantino said Tuesday.